Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hungary Missions Support Letter

Shalom! 


I write to ask for prayer support while I participate in a Hungary Missions trip from August 1st – 10th with a team from Dongshin Presbyterian Church. I hope that you will consider praying/fasting for me for one meal during my time there. Below are trip details, my purpose for visiting Hungary, team prayer requests, fast/prayer schedule, and donation information.

If you have any prayer requests or questions, please feel free to contact me with them. I will bear each prayer request in mind and heart as I go. You can contact me at +82-010-2394-7250 or danieljpark@gmail.com. Thank you~

With Love in Jesus,

Daniel



Details
I am traveling with a team of 18 people (9 Korean students / 9 Adults) to Sárospatak, a town in Northern Hungary. We will visit 3 churches and teach the students various Bible Stories through fun crafts, games, skits, and songs. The target group of this mission trip is Hungarian gypsy children and their families. We also hope to encourage the local missionary, Young Choi, who serves at these churches. I am leading a group of 3 Korean students along with two other adults. 

We also plan to do 3 trips to smaller villages nearby Sárospatak to interact and share love with the children there. Visiting these churches will take the bulk of our time in Hungary, but we also have set aside two days to visit and pray over important sites in Budapest and other areas of Hungary

My Heart
I decided to go to Hungary for missions because (1) the need for team members, (2) a personal request from my Pastor, and (3) because I wanted to learn about sharing the gospel with a people group that I am completely unfamiliar with. 

These last two years, I spent time in Korea with the goal of learning more about my heritage, while serving North Korean refugees that live here. I realized that my motives for helping these people were linked to my own family ties to the DPRK. This Hungary Missions trip provides an opportunity to go to a country that is not my own, to share love with people that I am completely unrelated to, and to understand the gospel of Jesus in a fresh way. 

Admittedly, I feel weak and unprepared for this trip. It's been difficult working with a Korean team due to cultural barriers. It's been a challenge to meet the financial needs of this trip. I am also leading a group of 3 Korean students that I would like to encourage and pray for. 

God is challenging me to surrender my own ideas of what missions should be like, what preparation should look like, and what it means to be work in a team. It is with fear and trembling that I am going - desiring to surrender my flesh, my ego, and everything that is hindering me from being a blessing to others.

In the end, I believe that I will be blessed and encounter the love of the Lord Jesus in a new and powerful way. God, that You would bless me and bless the Hungarian people through this trip - inadequacies and all! 

Prayer Requests
1.  Team unity:                                Loving others, bearing with one another
2.  Encountering Christ:                Drinking deeply of Jesus' love, that I may share it
3.  Alertness / Sensitivity               to God's Spirit, knowing how to interact with others
4.  Hungary and the Gypsies:     The 3 churches, 3 villages, and gypsy children
5.  Activities:                                   To bare fruit and reveal Christ
6.  Leadership Members:             Pastor Daniel Kim, Missionary Young Choi, Deacon Grace Hwang, Deacon Sohn, Deacon Kim, Deacon Ahn, Vanessa Frye, Laurentia Cronje, Sunghoon, and myself (Daniel Park)
7.  Student Members:                   Jin Suk, Jang Hyun-u, Ye Shin, Chung Eun, Bak Hyun-u,  Hwa Joon, David Ki Tae, Joseph Jong Lyuk, and Ji Su.
8.  My Team:                                   from above: Deacon Kim, Deacon Ahn, “David” Ki Tae, “Joseph” Jong Lyuk, and Ji Su. 
9.  Logistics and Travel Mercy
10.     Health and Protection
11.     Final Preparation      

Prayer/Fasting Schedule
If you would like to support me through fasting/prayer, please reply to me the day and meal you choose. (I will update this list with names, unless you specify that you would like to fast anonymously). An 'X' means someone is fasting anonymously at that time.  


Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Mon,      August 1st
 Rae Dohar
 X
 X
 Rae Dohar
 X
 Barnabas Park
 X
 Sumin Hwang
 X

Tues,    August 2nd
 X
 X
 Sarah Walker
 Barnabas Park
 X
Wed,     August 3rd
 X
 X
 X
 Sarang Kim
 X
Thurs,   August 4th
 Richard Cho
 Renee Sohn
 X
 Richard Cho
 Renee Sohn
 Richard Cho
 Renee Sohn
 Sarang Kim
 X
Fri,        August 5th
 Lorna Balie
 X
 Lorna Balie
 Lorna Balie
 X
Sat,       August 6th
 Joshua Lo
 X
 Carly Miller
 Greg Boy
 X
Sun,      August 7th
 Nikki Muyskens
 Patty Oh
 X
 Carly Miller
 Patty Oh
 Greg Boy
 X
Mon,     August 8th
 Christi Coker
 X
 Christi Coker
 Christi Coker
 Barnabas Park
 X
Tues,    August 9th
 Erica Lee
 X
 Erica Lee
 Barnabas Park
 Sumin Hwang
 X
Wed,    August 10th
 Richard Cho
 Renee Sohn
 X
 Richard Cho
 Renee Sohn
 Richard Cho
 Renee Sohn
 Sarang Kim
 X

Donation Information
If you would like to make a financial donation, the details are below. The full cost of the trip is 2.3 million KRW. My church generously supported me with 1 million KRW and I bore 1.3 million KRW of the cost. I hope to raise an additional 600,000 KRW (about 600 USD). Any excess funds I receive, I will donate to Dongshin Church's missions fund. 

USA
Name:       Daniel J. Park
Bank:         Bank of America
Account:   1685507438
Routing:   121000358 (electronic)
     026009593 (wires)

South Korea
Name:       Daniel John Park
Bank:        농협 (Nonghyup)
Account:   301-0073-0529-81

Checks can be made payable to "Daniel J. Park" and mailed to 20271 Via Urbino, Porter Ranch, CA 91326. Please write the note: "Hungary Missions Support". 

If you attend Dongshin’s English Ministry, please send donations directly to their Mission Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment