Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good Pain

There is the kind of pain that is good. I think Paul talks about it in one of his letters... "godly sorrow". According to 2 Corinthians 7:10, "godly sorrow" leads to repentance and no regret.

I need some of that. I have some of that. I'm looking forward, Lord. Help me to fix my eyes on You. I'm starting a journey. 40 days of no facebook. It's beautiful every time, and I get excited just thinking about it.

I'm preparing my heart for a season of growth. I'm preparing my heart for a season of difficult decisions. I'm preparing my heart for a season of looking inside and cleaning out my closet. God, please enter in. Give me your perspective as I battle negative emotions, bad memories, and seek healing. Maybe I'm revealing too much.

My heart is broken beyond human repair. I need to go back to its original designer. You've formed my heart. God, make it new...

Thank You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment